Strength training exercises make up a major portion of some of your favorite workouts. Personal trainers also use weight training as a key component when designing their clients’ programs. Power Systems has many options available for strength training exercises; from kettlebells to resistance bands, dumbbells to barbells. However, if we were to make a suggestion, a cardio barbell set is a great option for a dynamic and adaptable strength training tool.
While smaller in size than the Olympic barbell and plates, a cardio barbell set still allows the user to customize the weight of the bar based the exercise or the goal. The “standard” size weight plates are smaller and easy to hold, allowing the user to use the plates off the bar as free weights for upper body and core strength training. Lastly, a beginner to strength training might view a cardio barbell as a less intimidating option than the large Olympic bars and plates.
Power Systems offers several weighted cardio bars and barbell sets to choose from. Let’s break down two of our most popular: the Deluxe CardioBarbell Set vs. the Cardio Barbell Pump Set.
- Solid steel 51” long standard size barbell, coated with durable PVC for enhanced grip
- Updated smooth sleeve design – no longer threaded, eliminates the need for specialized spin collar
- Round rubber plates prevent damage to floors
- Open design of the deluxe plates – easy to use off the bar as free weights
- Single set includes: (1) 5 lbs. barbell, (2) 10 lbs. (2) 5 lbs. and (2) 2.5 lbs. rubber coated deluxe plates, and a pair of standard spring collars
- Additional deluxe cardiobarbell plates are available for purchase
- Optional upgrade available: Lock-Jaw Standard 1” Barbell Collar
- Designed for superior durability and versatility
- Urethane plates feature a stainless steel inner ring for quick and easy weight transitions
- Plates feature beveled edges & ergonomically designed grip locations that form a unique polygon design – prevents the set from rolling when not in use & ideal plate design for free weight use off the bar
- Large numbers and Power Systems color palette provide easy weight identification at a glance
- Single set includes: (1) 5 lbs. powder-coated steel barbell, (2) 10 lbs. (2) 5 lbs. and (2) 2.5 lbs. urethane cardiobarbell plates, and a pair of cardiobarbell spring collars
- Additional ProElite pump plates are available for purchase
- Optional upgrade available: Lock-Jaw Hex 30 mm. Barbell Collar